December 17, 2015

ADVENT DAY SEVENTEEN: MARIA DAMON



OUR THEME TODAY

Our theme today: Nazism.
April nooses, cruel Hitler cream.
Improvised dressage with a unicorn in jodhpurs.
Today I’m Mother’s-Birthday-fatalistic,
turn on the waterworks, I’m on fire.
Kiss my feet, Hitler youth, in all your streaming
blondness braided
nooselike
a bog-person-to-be 
elaborate stitching and
all that ayahuasca in the 
moors and mosses.

I heard you can fuck yourself
through a crystal straw, though
it’s not important as long as
the single-horned bull plunges
further to the right.  The sa-
cred mysteries of street cred,
plastic money and due props
trine Hitler riding a unicorn,
I meant, riding down Wall 
Street on a moist mollusk
masquerading as a
fat narwhal, sleek as
Diana Nyad.  And 
that’s your card-reading 
for today.


Maria Damon is professor and chair of the Department of Humanities and Media Studies at the Pratt Institute of Art



No comments: